House Committee on County Affairs - 79th R.S. (2005)
- Examine the advisability and probable impacts of creating a system of graduated ordinance-making authorities for counties with populations over one million based on population densities and unique geographic and environmental needs.
- Consider whether clarification or revision is needed to state statutes related to dormancy of office provisions and the abolition of local Constitutional offices.
- Review the penalties and enforcement challenges related to public safety and the sale of fireworks.
- Study cost drivers of county government functions.
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction.
Ray Allen replaced as Chair by Wayne Smith pursuant to Rule 1, Section 15, (Letter, Tom Craddick, February 1, 2006.)
Wayne Smith replaced as Vice Chair by John Otto pursuant to Rule 1, Section 15, (Letter, Tom Craddick, February 1, 2006.)
England appointed pursuant to Rule 4, Section 5 (Letter, Tom Craddick, 3/17/2006.)
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.