Joe Spurlock II, Chair
Ronald D. 'Ronnie' Earle
James J. Kaster
Robert 'Bob' Maloney
D.R. 'Tom' Uher
R.L. 'Bob' Vale
Craig A. Washington
Prepare legislation directed to reducing crime in Texas as follows:
1. Deny probation to any person using a firearm during the commission of a felony offense.
2. Add-on punishment for persons who carry firearms while committing major felony crimes involving violence.
3. Recommending changes necessary to deny bail to persons who while free on bond for a felony offense, are accused of committing other offenses.
4. Permitting the state a limited right to appeal in certain circumstances in criminal cases.
5. Changing the law on confessions to permit a fuller use of oral confessions in Texas.
6. Permitting state use of wiretapping and other electronic tools to combat organized crime in the state.
|• Review the criminal justice system and determine if there are other approaches to solutions for problem areas in the system.*|
|* This represents an abstract of the report contents. Charge text is incomplete or unavailable.|
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.