House Committee on Public Health - 78th R.S. (2003)
- Study the need to regulate products containing dietary supplement ephedra. Include a review of other state actions.
- Examine the demographics and costs of diabetes in Texas. Assess the impact diabetes will have on Texas' population, budget and health care system in the future and recommend appropriate policy changes.
- Investigate the practice of allowing corneal tissue to be taken and used for transplantation without prior consent. Recommend appropriate state policy changes.
- Collect, review and report on the statistics and statewide impact of drug and alcohol abuse by pregnant women on the unborn.
- Review the current operations of the Texas Immunization and Kidney Health Care programs. The review should determine if the operational and administrative changes made to the Medicaid Vendor Drug Program will continue to meet the needs of Texans who do not qualify for Medicaid, Children's Health Insurance Program or private insurance and recommend any necessary changes.
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction.
Jaime Capelo replaced as Chair 4/13/04 pursuant to Rule 4, section 5(b)(3). (Proclamation, Tom Craddick, April 13, 2004)
Vice-Chair Jodie Laubenberg appointed Chair 4/13/04 pursuant to Rule 4, section 5(c). (Proclamation, Tom Craddick, April 13, 2004)
Larry Taylor appointed Vice-Chair 4/13/04 pursuant to Rule 4, section 5. (Proclamation, Tom Craddick, April 13, 2004.)
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.