House Committee on Financial Institutions - 70th R.S. (1987)
- To monitor all activities and have budget oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards, and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 12.
- To study the need to clarify and consolidate existing statutes governing the investment of public funds by local and regional governmental entities; and to study the advisability of expanding the investment option of local governments and institutions of Higher Education.
- To study the problems of unenforceable second liens on a homestead.
- To study the extent and public benefits of state regulatory authority over the savings and loan industry.
- To study the equity of imposing the state franchise tax on both a bank holding company and the individual banks and the feasibility of amending state law to resolve the issue.
- To study the lending practices and procedures of institutions and individuals that contribute to fraud, abuse and deception in the buying and selling of retail installment contracts.
- To study the public necessity of state regulation of bank services organizations.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.