House Committee on County Affairs - 78th R.S. (2003)
- Study ways to increase efficiency and provide for greater local control through restructuring county government.
- Consider the increased costs associated with Court Administration and Security as it relates to the implementation of the Fair Defense Act and heightened security requirements.
- Review the proliferation of sub-standard housing in counties not covered by Local Government Code, Chapter 232, Subchapters B and C and ways to bring these areas up to minimum standards.
- Determine whether county fees/fines are at appropriate levels and have maintained their proper function and application.
- Study the concept of ways to limit unfunded state mandates by reviewing what other jurisdictions have done.
- Review the amount of taxes collected and services delivered in incorporated areas versus unincorporated areas of counties.
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction.
Glenn Lewis replaced as Chair 4/13/04 pursuant to Rule 4, section 5(b)(3). (Proclamation, Tom Craddick, April 13, 2004)
Vice-Chair Wayne Smith appointed Chair 4/13/04 pursuant to Rule 4, section 5(c). (Proclamation, Tom Craddick, April 13, 2004)
Warren Chisum appointed Vice-Chair 4/13/04 pursuant to Rule 4, section 5. (Proclamation, Tom Craddick, April 13, 2004)
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.