House Committee on Corrections - 78th R.S. (2003)
- Review the effectiveness, efficiency and funding mechanisms of the community supervision and parole supervision systems. Examine accountability for various community supervision programs administered through local community supervision and corrections departments. Study the advisability, methods and costs of creating a progressive-sanctions model for the adult criminal justice system. (Joint interim charge with House Appropriations Committee)
- Study targeted contracting and review strategies and initiatives in the prison system related to oversight, efficiency, effectiveness and potential cost-savings of contracted services by private sector vendors.
- Study the Council on Sex Offender Treatment, including treatment methods and effectiveness and explore the possibility of licensing of registered sex offender treatment providers.
- Study the criminal justice mental health initiative in coordination with the Texas Correctional Office on Offenders with Medical or Mental Impairments.
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's oversight jurisdiction.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.