Senate Committee on Natural Resources - 70th R.S. (1987)
- Initiate an interim study of a statewide artificial reef plan and further study various uses of abandoned oil and gas rigs. Give careful consideration to reef design, preparation, and component grouping and spacing, siting, and fisheries resource management and analyze and compare biological effectiveness, cost factors, and long-term benefits for various design options and preparation techniques.
- Review proposals for a protection system for Texas rivers, similar to the federal Wild and Scenic rivers program.*
- Study current efforts to control the boll weevil in Texas, including integrated pest management (IPM) programs.*
- Review the problems associated with colonias; make recommendations for legislative action to halt the growth of illegal subdivisions and to provide water and sewer service to existing developments.*
- Study the issues associated with aquaculture and fish farming.*
- Study coastal erosion; consider the advantages, disadvantages and economic impacts of beach erosion control methodologies.*
- Review the definitions of wetlands used by state and federal government agencies. Study the potential impact on wetlands management of the definition used in the Fish and Wildlife Service's National Wetlands Inventory project.*
* This represents an abstract of the report contents. Charge text is incomplete or unavailable.
The charge regarding artificial reefs was issued by SR 624.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.