Workers Compensation, Select - 70th R.S. (1987)
Conduct a detailed study of worker's compensation systems in Texas, the impact of the system on employees and employers, and how other states have addressed the problems that Texas now faces. The study may include but need not be limited to the following items:
(1) a study to gather information relating to the procedure for the payment of claims;
(2) a determination of the actual impact of the workers' compensation system on economic development and job creation;
(3) an investigation of the system provided by current Texas law for the delivery of workers' compensation benefits to injured workers to determine whether of not that system is the most efficient possible;
(4) a comprehensive study of the organization and operation of the Industrial Accident Board;
(5) a probe into the means and methods by which employers may seek indemnification against claims for workers' compensation benefits;
(6) a study of job safety in general and how to provide additional incentives to employers and employees to increase safety in the workplace;
(7) an investigation of the workers' compensation assigned risk pool generally, with specific emphasis on finding ways to increase the efficiency of the pool and to decrease its operating costs;
(8) a study of the manner in which other jurisdictions have approached the problems Texas currently faces in the delivery of workers' compensation benefits; and
(9) any other matter calculated to yield useful data that could make the Texas workers' compensation system more efficient and more responsive to the needs of the most workers and employers.
Senate members appointed by the Lieutenant Governor 9/9/1987. Ray Farabee (Co-Chair) resigned 3/4/1988. Bob Glasgow appointed Co-Chair and John Montford appointed 2/19/1988. (Letters from William P. Hobby, Lieutenant Governor of Texas, September 9, 1987 and February 19, 1988. See Lieutenant Governor Hobby Appointments, L1803.1 P926la)
House members appointed by the Speaker 11/6/1987. Bob Leonard resigned 12/17/1987. Rick Perry appointed 12/21/1987. (Letters from Gibson D. (Gib) Lewis, Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives, November 6, 1987 and December 21, 1987. See House Speaker Lewis Appointments, L1801.1 P926a 1985-92 3.)
Appointed pursuant to HCR 27, 70th Leg., 2nd C.S.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.