House Committee on Fire Ants in Texas, Select - 67th R.S. (1981)
- Charles Fitts
- Mike Moeller
- Ed Small
- Pat Smith
- Determine the exact extent of infestation.
- Determine at which direction and rate the fire ants are moving.
- Make an assessment of overall damages and injuries.
- Study the procedures necessary to report damages and injuries.
- Monitor federal legislation on pesticide controls and its impact on the fire ant problem.
- Determine whether legislative action is necessary and warranted.
- Examine the procedures which other states have followed in combating this problem.
- Coordinate similar activities and programs with the Texas Department of Agriculture, the Texas A&M Agricultural Extension Service, the Texas A&M Agricultural Experiment Stations, and the House Committee on Agriculture.
Appointed by the Speaker 12/18/1981. (Memorandum, Bill Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives, December 18, 1981. See House Speaker Clayton Appointments, L1801.1 P926a 1979-92. )
Lamar Smith (Member) resigned 11/15/1982.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.