Water Resources Study - 61st R.S. (1969)
- M.P. Anderson
- George Brabham
- Rex Braun
- R.M. Dixon
The committee shall:
(1) study the water situation in the state and the federal and state proposals concerning it;
(2) study the changes, that may be needed in the state statutes concerning water protection and development;
(3) study the organizational structure of all state water agencies and the administration of state laws relating to water;
(4) make a study of what ecological effects might occur as a result of implementation of the Texas Water Plan;
(5) study alternative methods of financing the Texas Water Plan;
(6) hold hearings throughout the state, explaining the major water problems in the state and the proposals for solving them to those attending the hearings and consider alternative proposals from interested legislators and from the public;
(7) review major water legislation enacted by the 61st Legislature;
(8) submit its conclusions, together with drafts of bills and resolutions the committee finds would be helpful in solving state water problems, to the members of the 62nd Legislature.
Appointed by Lieutenant Governor (Senate Journal appendix, 61st Regular, p. 2326) and Speaker 10/20/1969 (House Journal, 61st 1st C.S., p. 263), pursuant to HCR 12, 61st 1st C.S. Speaker appointed Clayton as Chair in journal; Allen listed as Chair on report.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.