Make a study of problems peculiar to the various coastal lands and waters of Texas.
The report of the special committee shall cover the following subjects;
(1) Clarification of the rights of ingress, egress, and enjoyment which are reserved to the public by the Open Beaches Act.
(2) A statutory framework for development of state and local beach parks with facilities available to the public;
(3) Increased safeguards for the protection of state-owned submerged lands, including a thorough investigation into the use now being made of submerged lands already sold or leased by the state;
(4) Analysis of the success of the legislative recommendations passed by the 61st Legislature upon the recommendations of the Interim Beach Study Committee in 1969; and
(5) Such other related matters as in the opinion of the interim committee should be included in such report so as to facilitate the development of Texas beaches as public recreational areas and to further their development for the benefit for the people of Texas.
Appointed by Lieutenant Governor (Senate Journal appendix, 61st Regular, p. 2326) and Speaker 12/1/1969 (House Journal, 61st 2nd C.S., p. 379), pursuant to SCR 15, 61st 2nd C.S. Additional members listed on committee minutes.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.