House Committee on General Investigating, Special - 57th R.S. (1961)
- The Committee shall have full authority to initiate and continue any and all inquiries and hearings into matters pertaining to the State government, including the various units thereof and their personnel, and any units or sub-divisions of government within the State of Texas. It shall have the power to examine into the expenditure of public funds at any and all levels of government within the State, and all other matters and things considered by said Committee to be needed for the information of the Legislature and for the welfare and protection of the citizens of this State, including covert and overt subversive activities.
- Evaluate the methods and procedures used by various insurance companies in adjusting losses resulting from Hurricane Carla.*
- Investigate charges that the Southwest Conference basketball games where being fixed by referees.*
- Investigate the possibility of certain violations and a possible conflict of interest in the statutes regarding the Game and Fish laws.*
- Investigate reports of slanted wells, marginal well violations, and a suspected conspiracy involving operators, drilling contractors, third party servicing companies and Railroad Commission employees.*
* This represents an abstract of the report contents. Charge text is incomplete or unavailable.
Appointed by Speaker 2/9/1961, pursuant to HSR 50.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.