House Committee on Juvenile Justice and Family Issues - 76th R.S. (1999)
- Examine the need for and possible methods for the licensing and regulation of private child support collection agencies.
- Review current laws relating to parental abduction.
- Review the Texas community property system, including constitutional and statutory provisions in Title 1, Family Code.
- Review child support visitation guidelines as required by the federal government.
- Conduct active oversight of the agencies under the committee's jurisdiction, including the child support enforcement program and recent law changes affecting the Texas Department of Protective and Regulatory Services.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.