House Committee on General Investigating, Permanent - 54th R.S. (1955)
- Inquire into and investigate the administration of any state agency, board, commission, or any other departments or institutions of the Government of the State of Texas and any other matters which would or might indicate irregularities in any state agency, board, commission, or any other departments or institutions of the Government of the State of Texas. That such committee is directed specifically to continue the investigation of the Veterans Land Program and to report fully on such investigation to the next regular session of the Legislature.
- Investigate the operation of the General Land Office under the former Land Commissioner.*
- Investigate the leasing of tidelands as administered by the General Land Office.*
- Investigate the operation and subsequent receivership of the U.S. Trust and Guaranty Company and its affiliated companies.*
- Investigate several local school controversies.*
- Investigate alleged abuses in absentee voting practices in Webb County in connection with the Democratic primary election to be held July 28, 1956; complaint filed at the instance of C.B. Dick, candidate for State Senate, Francis P. Maher, candidate for District Attorney, and V.G. Roel, candidate for State Representative.*
* This represents an abstract of the report contents. Charge text is incomplete or unavailable.
Appointed by Speaker pursuant to HSR 364.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.