House Committee on Financial Institutions - 76th R.S. (1999)
- Determine the extent to which personal customer and account information may be accessed or furnished to governmental institutions, other divisions or affiliates of a financial institution, and unrelated commercial or other enterprises. Assess the state's ability to assure customers the privacy of their information.
- Research the practices commonly known as "payday loans" and "sale leasebacks" to determine the need to regulate such transactions.
- Review the federal "financial services modernization" act (HR 10) to identify necessary changes to state laws and regulations governing insurance and financial institutions. This review is to be conducted jointly with the House Committee on Insurance.
- Conduct a review of the home equity lending market, including lender activities and practices, to assess the extent to which the expectations of the 75th Legislature are being met.
- Conduct active oversight of the agencies under the committee's jurisdiction.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.