House Committee on Civil Practices - 76th R.S. (1999)
- Examine the effect and potential of sales and other alienation of structured settlements on the use and advisability of such settlements.
- Study the exercise of conflicts jurisdiction by the Supreme Court under Sections 22.001(a) and 22.007(a), Government Code.
- Examine the impact of requiring trial court judges to specify the grounds upon which summary judgments are granted.
- Examine the Supreme Court's rule-making authority, any conflicts between Section 22.004(c), Government Code, and Article 5, Section 31, Texas Constitution, and the role, if any, that the legislature should play in the Court's rule-making process.
- Collect information from Texas trial and appellate courts that will assist the committee in evaluating the success of recent legislation and in making decisions regarding future legislation.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.