House Committee on Criminal Jurisprudence - 64th R.S. (1975)
- Study the need for revision of the Code of Criminal Procedure.
- Study the effectiveness of the new Texas Penal Code.
- Study the need for modernization and management changes in the courts of the criminal justice system.
- Conduct a thorough study of methods to reduce the crime rate in Texas.
- Conduct a thorough study of the State's parole system. This study should include all aspects and operations of the Board of Pardons and Paroles, including general policies, rules and regulations governing the pardon and parole of prisoners. This study should indicate in its findings suggestions pertinent to efficient and effective ways of carrying out all laws relating to pardons and paroles.
Originally charged by HSR 37, HSR 38 and HSR 39. Additional charges added by the Speaker August 29, 1976.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.