House Committee on Elections - 66th R.S. (1979)
- Conduct a study of the voter registration procedures in Texas and the consideration of the establishment of a uniform system to by used by all counties.
- Conduct a study of the system of absentee voting in Texas, including, but not limited to, such issues as the procedures for accounting for ballots, the feasibility of requiring the use of a special canvassing board, and the hours and places for absentee voting.
- Make and examination of the campaign reporting and disclosure requirements with emphasis on insuring fairness and responsibility.
- Study the feasibility of Texas joining with other southwestern or Sunbelt states in having a regional presidential primary.
- Monitor and assist the Legislative Council in the recodification of the election code.
Oversight functions shall be conducted for all appropriations-related actions of those agencies assigned to this committee for appropriative purposes during the 66th Regular Session of the Legislature. The agencies include:
Secretary of State (partial -- less Uniform Commercial Code)
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.