House Committee on State and Federal Power and Responsibility, Select - 85th R.S. (2017)
- Monitor actions of the federal government, including federal legislation and regulations that require or advise that states take certain actions or pass legislation or the actions of the federal government in providing or failing to provide services to this state.
- Assess the economic impact on the state of the federal government actions or inactions.
- Consider issues related to the federal budget and its impact on Texas.
- Examine unfunded federal mandates and their impact on the state.
- Consider proposals to amend the United States Constitution.
Appointed by Speaker Joe Straus 2/9/2017, pursuant to Rule 1, Section 16, House Rules (Proclamation, Speaker Joe Straus, 2/9/2017).
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.