House Committee on Environmental Regulation - 82nd R.S. (2011)
- Examine the federal eight-hour ozone standard under the National Ambient Air Quality Standards program and its impact on the State Implementation Plan. Identify counties expected to be in nonattainment, the state's proposed designations of those counties, the timelines for meeting the applicable standard, and the status of the state's ability to attain the standard.
- Examine the effectiveness of the Texas Emissions Reduction Plan (TERP) since its inception in 2001. Determine whether the emissions reduced justify the amounts that have been appropriated since 2001. (Joint with the House Committee on Appropriations)
- Examine the impact on dam safety of provisions passed in HB 2694 82nd R.S. and develop recommendations, if any, regarding risk to downstream property and life.
- Examine new and proposed Environmental Protection Agency rules that may impact permits for Texas facilities. Make recommendations, if needed, for changes in state regulatory programs or potential incentives to comply with federal mandates.
- Study the environmental review process for transportation projects and monitor the implementation of reforms newly passed by the 82nd Legislature. Continue to work with all stakeholders to develop any necessary changes. (Joint with the House Committee on Transportation)
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction and the implementation of relevant legislation passed by the 82nd Legislature.
- Study and make recommendations for significantly improving the state's manufacturing capability.
- Find ways to increase transparency, accountability and efficiency in state government.
Ken Legler, Member, 2/9/2011 - 6/1/2012. Barbara Legler appointed Member, 9/7/2012.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.