House Committee on Business and Industry - 82nd R.S. (2011)
- Review existing lien laws in Texas and make recommendations for improvement.
- Review the current statutory requirements to obtain real property by adverse possession in Texas. Recommend any changes to existing law that may be needed to ensure equitable real estate transfers in the state.
- Examine current deed restriction laws and make recommendations to encourage efficiency in homeownership and conveyance.
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction and the implementation of relevant legislation passed by the 82nd Legislature, including the amendments to the Texas Property Code regarding homeowners associations.
- Study and make recommendations for significantly improving the state's manufacturing capability.
- Find ways to increase transparency, accountability and efficiency in state government.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.