House Committee on Natural Resources - 67th R.S. (1981)
- Examine the need to modify the authority of Navigation Districts to permit the sale of or installment sale of publicly financed facilities to private entities.
Oversight functions shall be conducted for all appropriations-related actions of those agencies assigned to this committee for appropriative purposes during the 67th Regular Session of the Legislature. In addition, a study should be made of the impact of any federal cuts, and the differences in the operational aspect of the agencies under block vs. categorical grants. Close scrutiny should be given to each agency to ascertain if legislative intent is being carried out in the rules promulgated by the agency and if the rules are feasible and practical in their application. These agencies include:
Texas Coastal and Marine Council
Department of Water Resources
Texas Water Well Drillers Board
- Study the potential development of and problems associated with divided river authorities and the advisability of having one river authority covering the entire basin.
- Study the salt water injection/recovery procedure that is presently being used across the State, especially in the West Texas area and in particular to determine what extent freshwater supplies are being contaminated with salt water as a result of procedures presently being used.
- Review the necessity of the Coastal and Marine Council's activity and expenditures.
- Study the flooding and drainage problems of the coastal areas in Texas and what might be done to respond to such problems.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.