House Committee on Land and Resource Management - 75th R.S. (1997)
- Study the condemnation and eminent domain powers of local governments in light of Schmidt and Westgate decisions of the Supreme Court. Consider whether restrictions should be placed on eminent domain powers used expressly for economic development purposes.
- Review local and state funding mechanisms to support mitigation of coastal erosion.
- Actively monitor activities and developments relating to annexation and inter-local agreements in lieu of annexation, including the proceedings of the Senate Interim Committee on Annexation.
- Evaluate options for state policy regarding county subdivision platting authority in light of the 1995 Elgin bank v. Travis County decision.
- Monitor the reactions of local governments to the inadvertent repeal of SB 1704 74th R.S..
- Conduct active oversight of agencies under the committee's jurisdiction.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.