House Committee on Pensions, Investments, and Financial Services - 81st R.S. (2009)
- Study the impact of the debt relief industry, including debt management and debt settlement organizations, and the implications of regulating that industry.
- Examine Texas school districts' administration of their employees' optional retirement investments.
- Review and study the overall history, goals, and performances of the state's economic development program, Certified Capital Company. Identify and recommend changes as necessary.
- Examine the performance and accountability of the Texas public pension funds and make recommendations as needed.
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.