George Washington Lafayette Fly
Full Name: George Washington Lafayette Fly
Date of birth: June 2, 1835
Date of death: January 27, 1905
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 11, 1881 - Jan 9, 1883
Unknown / Gonzales
Democrat, 11/17/1880, p. 2.
Galveston Daily News
Pocket Directory of the Seventeenth Legislature of Texas
Biographical Notes and Resources top
Military Service Notes
- Confederate States Army, Major, Company I, 2nd Texas Infantry, commandant of Galveston.
Handbook of Texas Online.
- George Washington Lafayette Fly.
Texas Burial Sites of Civil War Notables: A Biographical and Pictorial Field Guide, 2002.
- Biographical sketch and portrait, pp. 19, 99, Plate No. 39.
Texas in the War, 1861-1865, 1965.
- George Washington Lafayette Fly, 1835-1905. Relatives: George Washington Lafayette Fly - father; William Madden Fly - son.
- William Stoner Fly "pedigree view." Relatives: George Washington Lafayette Fly - grandfather; William Stoner Fly - grandson.
- Information on William Fly. Relatives: George Washington Lafayette Fly - father; William Madden Fly - son. George Washington Lafayette Fly - grandfather; William Stoner Fly - grandson. William Madden Fly - uncle; William Stoner Fly - nephew.
G.W.L. Fly, 17th Legislature, Texas State Library and Archives Commission
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.