House Committee on Defense Affairs and State-Federal Relations - 80th R.S. (2007)
- Study and make recommendations to address the need to identify essential personnel necessary to enter a disaster area to restore critical infrastructure.
- Monitor the United States Congress for the enactment and rules regarding the Veteran's Mental Health Outreach and Access Act of 2007. Explore coordination with the community based clinics in Texas that would be able to provide the prescribed services to veterans.
- Review and monitor the Veterans Disability Benefits Commission's Inspector General Disability ratings report. Make recommendations for what the state can do to implement the findings of the report and to assist our veterans.
- Examine Chapter 431, Government code to determine the feasibility of the Texas State Guard and Texas National Guard, while designated on state active duty, to assist in interagency planning and operational coordination under the Governor's Division of Emergency Management and the Texas Secretary of State.
- Examine the State of Texas' preparedness level to handle a public health emergency. (Join Interim Charge with the House Committee on Public Health.)
- Review the current requirements for driver's license and identification card holders in Texas in order to recommend legislative measures to prevent these documents from being used to further criminal activities and recommend ways to enhance homeland security. (Joint Interim Charge with the House Committee on Transportation.)
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction.
Charges issued by the Speaker November 29, 2007.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.