House Committee on Agriculture and Livestock - 79th R.S. (2005)
- Explore the need for both the Educational Commission for Foreign Veterinary Graduates (ECFVG) program and the Program for Assessment of Veterinary Medical Education (PAVE) for certification of students who graduate from foreign veterinary colleges.
- Assess the need for new rules and regulations to govern non-veterinary practitioners of animal care, specifically equine dentistry, as well as the potential need for veterinary supervision of certain practices.
- Research and determine the potential contributions of Texas agriculture to energy supply, including examination of the role of ethanol, biodiesel, and biomass.
- Determine if a new comprehensive water conservation program is needed within the Texas State Soil and Water Conservation Board focusing on water conservation and water supply enhancement. (Joint interim charge with the House Committee on Natural Resources.)
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.