Senate Committee on Human Resources Subcommittee on Consumer Affairs - 64th R.S. (1975)
- Consider the adequacy of existing laws regulating the automobile repair industry; hear proposals for new legislation relating to auto repair.*
- Consider the advisability of requiring grocery stores to list item prices and unit prices on food packages. Review the potential impact on consumers and businesses.*
- Review the effectiveness of regulations imposed on the mobile home industry by SB 397, 64th R.S.. Oversee the Texas Department of Labor's enforcement of mobile home construction and installation standards. Consider the impact of the legislation on consumers and on the manufactured housing industry, and make recommendations for any needed changes.*
- Study the reasons for dramatic increases in energy costs and natural gas prices and consider the impact of the price increases on consumers and the economy. Review options for reducing energy bills.*
- Prepare a citizen's guide containing information on Texas state agencies with consumer service responsibilities.*
- Monitor and oversee the activities and actions of the Public Utility Commission of Texas.*
- Examine certain allegations regarding Southwestern Bell Telephone Company, including its political and rate making activities and charges of involvement in unlawful wiretapping.*
* This represents an abstract of the report contents. Charge text is incomplete or unavailable.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.